Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Things I'm Reading

Had a very lazy day on Monday. Even though the weather was so nice that I should have been outdoors, I spent the day reading. I've been pointed onto Jodi Picoult as an author and I really enjoy her books. They have that not too deep/not too light balance that makes for great reading on lazy days. The most recent, which I've just finished, is Second Glance. It's about ghosts, which I don't believe in, and eugenics (can't say as I believe in that either) and was a very interesting read. I enjoyed it, and I'll probably search out more of her books.

I'm also reading The God Delusion by Richard Dawkings. It is very interesting, but I am taking my time with it so as to try an absorb some of his arguments. He makes some very good points, and on occasion I have to defend my athestic position and I need all the help I can get.

I've just started reading Roger Sudden, which is a period piece, and I'll need to read a little more to decide whether I like it or not. So far it has piqued my interest, but I'm really not sure what the storyline is about other than a wayward son, in the time of King Charles, heads to the new world to seek his fortune. We'll see how it goes.

Then of course, there's the news. A person can always find things of interest in the news. It's wonderful to have access to so many news sources online now. Tends to balance out the opinions a person has access to. These are some of the stories I've most recently read:

All in all, an interesting weekend. The election is over (thankfully) and maybe we can find something uniting to focus on.

Cheers

No comments: